- Published on Friday, 22 February 2013 12:20
- Published by Andrea Ayemoba
- Hits: 605
Vodacom has launched the new BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry® 10 in South Africa. This smartphone is now available from Vodacom World in Midrand and will be available from other Vodacom stores on 22 February 2013.
The BlackBerry Z10 is available on contract at R479 per month and the offer will include:
- 75 voice minutes, 150 SMS & 575 MB x 24 months; and
- Unlimited BBM texting until 31 May 2013. A new BBM VAS offer will be launched from 1 June 2013; pricing information will be available closer to launch.
Terms and conditions apply.
The BlackBerry Internet Service is not available on BlackBerry 10 but it is available on earlier BlackBerry devices; this includes all BlackBerry devices on OS7.1 and earlier.
The new BlackBerry Z10 is the first smartphone based on the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform, giving customers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience. The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is the fastest and most advanced BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers a smarter experience that continuously adapts to their needs.
Phil Patel, Chief Officer of the Consumer Business Unit at Vodacom said: "We're delighted that today our customers are among the first in
Africa to experience the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10. We'll also be launching the BlackBerry Z10 LTE which will be available at stores by mid March, so our customers can look forward to enjoying the new features on the BlackBerry Z10 and a great internet mobile experience".
"The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone delivers a powerful new mobile computing platform for BlackBerry customers. With BlackBerry 10, every
feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep customers moving," said Alexandra Zagury, managing director at BlackBerry for South and Southern Africa.
BlackBerry 10 includes advancements such as:
- Peek and Flow into the BlackBerry® Hub - A new mobile computing paradigm where what
matters to customers is always only one swipe away.
- Keyboard - Understands and adapts to customers, so they can type faster and more accurately.
- BBMTM (BlackBerry® Messenger) - Allows customers to share photos, videos, text messages and more with the people that matter to them in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact.
- Time Shift - An astonishing camera feature that lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open.
- BlackBerry® BalanceTM technology - Protects what is important to customers and the businesses they work for by separating and securing work applications and data from personal content.